Friday, April 13, 2012

Healthy Alignment is a Healthy Body is a Healthy Mind

I have written before about my own pain body and how I healed from almost debilitating hip problems by relearning to walk correctly from my core.  You can read about that here.

As the title of that piece says, in my early thirties, I was resigned to the fact that before the age of 40, I would be using a cane.

But then along came alignment principles.  And I am not talking yoga here.  That is alignment specific to yoga poses.  I am talking biomechanical alignment of the body.  A whole different ball game and really, a much more important ball game.

If you or anyone you know suffers from chronic pain, there really is no need to suffer any longer.  This can be dealt with and the simplicity of it can be breathtaking.

My April newsletter went out this week.  (Here.  If you don't get the newsletter, the subscribe button is in the upper left corner.  I only send once a month so I am not a pain in your inbox. Ha.)

In it, you will see that I am running an alignment and breath workshop, but for as many times as I reread the freaking newsletter, I did not notice that I didn't announce that actual date and time.

Sigh.

The alignment and breath workshop at Girl on Fire Movement Studio here in Erie, PA, is this Sunday, April 15th, from 4:30 to 7 PM.  You can find the cost and payment information in that newsletter or here.  (You can pay via paypal at that link or at the door on Sunday.)

Come and relearn how to stand on those two feet...and how to walk...and sit...and do all kinds of miraculous every day things pain free.