Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Remember to Remember

The Main Room of Girl on Fire Movement Studio

On Sunday, I worked with my choreography group (we are just in that stage of getting to know one another more deeply), afterward I had a little "meeting" with someone with whom I am initiating a new project, and then I taught a Kundalini class.  So I was in the studio for many hours in a row, which is not typical.

At first, I was (as is typical for me...) grouchy about the long day I was about to have, but then I remembered that this space is one of my favorite places on the planet.

Duh.

I think part of my issue with remembering things like this is definitely my Aspie brain, but I think we can all have an issue with remembering the good stuff.

One of my favorite yoga teachers, Ravi Singh, says "Remember to remember."

Indeed.

It is becoming a more consistent mantra for me, for sure, and I think some of my students are starting to use it.

What do you need to remember to remember?