Tuesday, July 24, 2012

While I am Away, Girls on Fire Can Still Play...



While I am away, starting Sunday, July 29th, that floor won't be lonely thanks to some wonderful guest teachers and a totally super fun workshop.  (The regular schedule at the studio will resume Tuesday, August 7th.)

I am going to one of my favorite places to learn from some of my favorite people.  I hate to travel but I know there is a big time pot o' gold at the end of that long road, and I know I will come back on fire with ideas and inspirations.

In the meantime, here's what will be happening at the studio.

Same "rules" apply -- drop ins always welcome and your first class with us is $5 instead of the usual drop in rate of $10.

Sunday, July 29th, 6 PM, we are lucky enough to have a bossy enough (ha!) student take over some of the Kundalini yoga duties. Give Amy some love -- but not too much...she's more allergic to woo woo than me!!

Tuesday, July 31st, 5:30 PM, join MFA in choreography, somatics-goddess Lani Weissbach for movement. I asked her to just surprise us with whatever was floating her boat currently so you don't know what you'll get but you do know it will be challenging and transformative!  I really, really encourage my students (and new students) to get to this class. Lani pushes boundaries in a way that never leaves a student unchanged.  I should know... Lani was my first "in the flesh" yoga teacher and she created a very high standard in terms of my expectations that very few have been able to meet.  She also has pushed me to feel fear and keep moving in some butoh-based work...work that continues to scare the crap out of me every time I encounter it. But it's always worth it.

Wednesday, August 1st, 6:30 - 8 PM, FAN DANCE Technique for Belly Dance, Burlesque, & More Workshop with Carla Fleming!  I am SUPER EXCITED about this!  To read more about it, go here, where you can also pay -- or you can pay with cash or check at the door.  If this makes you excited but nervous, please keep in mind that a) you are always fully clothed (ha!) and b) Carla is a very relaxing teacher/person. Nothin' to be nervous about!  (Current students, please note: As a workshop, class passes are not applicable.)

Thursday, August 2nd, 5:30 PM, Kundalini Yoga, again, with Amy!

Saturday, August 4th, 1 PM, Movement with Meg Garofola!  Meg is a lover of dance and yoga and music and laughing.  Her class will be playful and full of happy, healthy challenge.

Sunday, August 5th's Kundalini yoga is canceled.  As I mentioned, the regular schedule will resume on Tuesday, August 7th.

When I get back, there will be lots of new and shiny coming to the studio in many different ways, including a really FULL workshop and event schedule for the coming months and some new ways for you the interact with our awesome space!