Thursday, January 17, 2013

Move to This: Beethoven

I am currently obsessed with Beethoven, thanks to reading, strangely, Stephen Cope's newest book about living your dharma via the lessons of the Bhagavad Gita.

Beethoven, it seems to me, is a worthy and good obsession, as far as obsessions go.

And for the first time ever, I am presenting a song here BEFORE I test it at the studio. So you know...you can feel uber special today!

I am curious about using music that would normally be used in ballet for other forms of more modern, natural movement, so you'll have to let me know how this goes.

There is a brief intro on this video. I would recommend waiting until 25 seconds to start.

Today the only directive is to wait patiently for movement to happen and to release all expectations of what "should."