Friday, August 23, 2013

The Only "Should"

Something pretty to balance with my feisty

I love reading crap like this: "You should (insert a practice here, like meditate, walk, bench press, whatever) for 20 minutes every day."

A. Nnoying. To the Max.

Every time I see that stuff, I let out a little yelp of mad.

Really? Do you know me? No? So stop "shoulding" on my life, thank you very much.

If you've found something that works for you, that's awesome. But it's also just for you.

You are an experiment of one. (I should freaking trademark that and then put it EVERYWHERE.)

YOU are an experiment of ONE.

Kick all those know-it-all dorks out of your lab. Figure it out for yourself.

Here's the ONLY should that exists:

You SHOULD do whatever the hell works for you.

OH! Here's a secondary should: You should never tell someone else what works for them.

Live your own story; tell your own story; get out of mine and everyone else's.