Monday, October 7, 2013

Excuses, excuses...

(I'm on retreat this week, but I am posting little micro sorts of blogs.)

"You have more excuses than a pregnant nun."  --Ido Portal, Movement Education Innovator

The more I teach, the more I learn that this is the main issue facing people: this ability to see their excuses as real rather than the stories in their minds that they actually are.

And further, an ability to stack their excuses in a way that justifies their stuckness.

Because that's the thing: If you're stuck, if you're not living your most fulfilled life, if you complain a lot, I am betting you have a shit load of excuses that back up the very behaviors that are keeping you stuck, keeping you from taking full responsibility for YOUR life.

Only when you're ready and willing to dig deep into what supports those excuses will you ever truly change. Only when you're ready and willing to move behind the defensive posture that you are probably holding as you read this.

If you're ready, feel free to share how you'll be moving past and over the wall of excuses that you've built.

If you're ready, I am also ready to work with you.