Thursday, October 10, 2013

Who "Gets" to Dance?

When I watch my elders dance, this question often comes to mind.

And I wonder if dance is an art, in what universe do we think art is limited to youth?

In what universe do we not understand that the most meaningful art comes with experience and wisdom, which usually are attached to age?

This is part of my work, I think, teaching people what dance actually is. And it's not a sport.

Betty (left) passed away this summer, but last summer,
we got to perform with her in a public demo.
Here she is with Heather.

If you want to explore more deeply how to create an at-home dance sadhana (spiritual path) practice, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.