Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Changing My Mind: Opening to the Miraculous


One of the key ways I am working on changing my mind is my attitude toward things that can be a little...woo woo.

I tell people that I am skeptical and not cynical, but sometimes I'm pretty sure I cross my own line and fall into the land of the weak-minded (which is how I feel about cynicism, which is a mean state of mind that denies our very basic nature of creative and problem solve-y).

I am working on watching that part of me very closely.

As I've written in the past, I really would rather hang out with the shiny happy woo woo crowd than the dark and dreary "I must be right; science must back everything I say; I fear looking naive" crowd. That second crowd is exhausting, to say the least, whereas the woo woo crowd...once you give in...it's just a fun place to be.

I know all of this, but on a daily basis, I forget.

No more.

Now I am working with the woo every day and getting more and more comfortable. Believing in magic and miracles...it's much closer to my essential nature, which is that little girl who wears roller skates with pink pom poms and glitter wheels and squeals a LOT while eating marshmallow pinwheel cookies.

To be specific, I am working on being open to the miraculous.

One of my new favorite go-to mantras is: "I choose the miraculous."

Because, like, who the hell would choose the opposite?!

Why even bother to NOT believe?

First, um, hello? That is NO FUN.

Second, what if, WHAT IF, we really were walking miracles?! Or roller skating miracles?!

What then?

That is what I want to find out.


If you want to explore more deeply how to create an at-home dance sadhana (spiritual path) practice, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.