Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Workshop Views from Students!


I do my best, of course, to give you a clear idea of what the online Heart on Fire workshops are all about, and yet, I think hearing from people who have DONE them is super helpful and rather insightful.

So I am sharing a handful of testimonials today from the Ganesh experience. I think they give a really good sense of the work in general.  Remember, the next Heart on Fire (February 2014) is centered on the Goddess archetype Our Lady of Guadalupe and the idea of REAL unconditional love. You can get all the details and sign up here.

TESTIMONIALS

I wasn't sure at all what to expect from a course on a religious figure I knew nothing about. Christine's course description helped to sell me, and the idea of removing obstacles was intriguing...  who doesn't face obstacles?

I loved learning more about Ganesh, and a religion I'm not entirely familiar with, but my favorite part of the course was the support and attention to ritual, to habit, and to self-care. The idea of using a focal point like Ganesh (or other spirit guide) for a period of time feels like it helps to focus the intention of the work - gives the meditation, or movement, or altar an anchor, something to return my focus to when things went sideways.

I continue to experiment and play with the ideas and techniques Christine shared in her Heart on Fire course, and I'm excited to see who she's selected for her next quest.

Lani Harmon

I wasn’t sure what to expect with the Heart on Fire program.  However, having had previous experience with Christine’s work, I knew it would be a solid program with real value.

I got that and more. Christine has created a fascinating structure, a framework within which to explore aspects of Self in unique, powerful ways.

So often we try to contain our experience with words and word-based thought. Yet what’s really going on inside is deeper than that – nonverbal, felt experience that requires different paths for understanding. Using music and movement helped me explore parts of myself that had been out of touch. And what I found there was sometimes surprising, often moving, and definitely showed me how to move forward on my personal journey, ways I wouldn’t have seen without this work.

There’s no “one right way” to do any personal work, and Christine is well aware of this.  Her programs are a guide, a framework within which she encourages (sometimes relentlessly!) exploration and experimentation. So if you want a structured, formal curriculum, this work isn’t for you. But if you want a way to play, to discover aspects of yourself that you may not have seen before, to open doors that have been hidden or locked until now – I highly recommend anything Christine offers!

Grace Judson

I LOVED the workshop.  The process of using mantra, movement, ritual, and writing worked well for me; I've always used these types of things when digging core-deep for discovery, and using them here was perfect.  I enjoyed having the private videos from you, because it made me feel like I was hanging out with a friend in a safe space, just talking.  I got a kick out of seeing everyone's altars, too-- made me feel like we were a community, even though we were spread all over the planet.  The private group page on Facebook made me feel supported; it was great to be able to share with other women where I was at, and to be able to give support if I could. 
I was thinking this week that perhaps I'll go back through all the material and see about fleshing it out deeper for myself... like maybe take a couple weeks for one, maybe a month for another... because some parts really started some things moving for me. 
Thanks for this class.  I totally dug it

Patti Triplett

The process was just the right amount of challenge with enough freedom to find my own custom blend of how to link the practices together effectively for myself.  It was powerful to have these specific prompts and processes to use and having you as our guide.  You are very in tune and open and that makes for unfettered and non judgemental participation.... I loved that a lot.  Your selections from week to week were so brilliantly sequenced that everything unfolded and moved with a natural FLOW. 

As for results - well  - you know...  most things turned upside down for me but that is okay.  I am finally okay with all turning upside down.  I had taken myself away from the inner work kind of stuff for quite some time and this was a wonderful way to come back to it.   I appreciate the gift I was given to have a chance to experience this.

Going forward I am stepping back into the light, embracing breakdowns in a different way and also can "SEE" that the foundation of me/my life was not built on strong material.  Now I am redesigning instead of rebuilding on top of stuff that never worked.... 

Rochelle Nardelli

I started the workshop without any expectations but yet many.  I was curious and felt a pull to try.

I have often struggled with self doubt and negativity(mostly toward myself).  For me it played out as always trying to improve myself physically.  I spent an enormous amount of time focused on dieting . I wished for internal peace and no longer such extreme external control - I was tired of this and knew there was more to life.

What I have gained (no pun intended) is internal peace and integration and I'm not dieting. 
I'm still in progress as I learn to listen to myself and not the messages I interpreted and maybe received from my family of origin.

What has worked? The practice, support, and also an awareness of others. (Being part of a group- without an pressure to be active)

What has changed? I feel calmer, more aware, integrated emotionally.  I love lighting candles and incense, moving to music, chants, and art. (Life feels like a celebration).

This practice which takes commitment has given me the courage to accept and face some untrue personal truths.  It's interesting to realize that some of my early messages are what have created my inability to believe in myself and feel capable of success, joy, balance, and courage.

This practice and adding art has allowed me space to do what I haven't been able to do before.  I think the different levels ( Mind, Body, & Soul) gently allowed me to explore without judgement.  As a result I feel a confidence, strength, courage and resilience.  I feel as if I've reconnected with what was there - curiosity, playfulness, creativity - my authentic self.  I must admit I've  been here all along and others experience me this way but I didn't on a regular basis and when I did it was at a personal cost.  I  am now experiencing these gifts.  It takes work - that being the practice that Christine teaches. 

I am appreciative of this opportunity.  For me the structure, prompts, questions, and flexibility to explore in a personalized way helped me create a practice that gives me unbridled opportunities personally and professionally.

Erica Schwartz


If you want to explore more deeply how to create an at-home dance sadhana (spiritual path) practice, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.