Thursday, February 20, 2014

Facing More Fears

About Five Years Ago at Kripalu
Oh, my...how much has changed since that photo was taken?!?

From the shape of my body to my hair to no more glasses.

But so much more...

Going to Kripalu for the first time was some major Fear Dragon slaying on my part, and now I will be leaving on Sunday and going for my...what?...7th or 8th time?

I cannot overemphasize how big a deal it was just for me to leave my home to go to that training. And I also traveled all by myself -- HUGE for someone who was slightly agoraphobic at the time.

Going to Kripalu was my signal to myself that dancing was important to me. That I was going to go as far as I could with dance and see where it took me.

I keep discovering new layers of fear, new challenges, new levels of work to be done.

So the other day I got an email for a modern dance intensive in Cincinnati.

Unlike Kripalu, I will be surrounded by actual trained dancers. Young dancers.

At first I thought, No way, I can't.

Which is always the signal for me that I MUST.

So here's where I'll be heading at the beginning of June.

Because this is it...this is the life we get. Use it well.

If you want to explore more deeply how to create an at-home dance sadhana (spiritual path) practice, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.