Monday, June 2, 2014

What are Your Higher Intentions?

My view from one of my sitting spots

Any aspect of our life can be seen as a reason, an excuse, to stop dancing as our spiritual practice. ANY aspect, whether it's something we see as super awesome good or something we see as devastating.

But dance as a spiritual practice -- as opposed to something we do to perform or get attention or whatever -- calls us to higher intentions than just "I do this when things are going well or I do this when I feel a certain way. or I do this when I can squeeze it in."

Dance as a spiritual practice means that we take everything *TO* the dance. Everything. And we work with everything *through* the dance.

Moving our body moves our emotions and our spirit and moves us forward through our lives, through the unknown, through what we fear.

That is what we are committed to here.

So when things change -- as they ALWAYS do -- we see that as a great opportunity to experiment in our dance as spiritual practice. We see it as a chance to find new ways, to discover new paths, to observe ourselves under new circumstances. And always, always, always we see THAT as the way we grow and expand into evermore freedom.

You can now learn how to teach dance as a spiritual practice! My first teacher training is coming at the end of September! Just visit the "Teacher Training" tab at the top of this page.

If you want to explore more deeply how to create an at-home dance sadhana (spiritual path) practice, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.