Monday, July 14, 2014

When It Can Feel Like Everything is Exploding and Instead It's Just Beginning

A sitting spot of perfection

First I teach a workshop on unconditional love.

Then I realize that my superpower in this life or the "medicine" I was born into this life with to save myself and to use to help others is nothing more and nothing less than Open Heartedness.

So you know...I asked for this.

I made it clear to the damn universe or whomever is listening out there or whatever that I wanted more for my life and was ready for more from this life than gripping tightly to comfort and contentment.

Oy.

It can hurt. It can seem like everything you care for is about to just explode and go bye.

But if you sit in that and you breathe and you try super hard not to react from fear and anger...

If you allow that heart opening...

Magical and amazing things can start to happen that you would have never imagined before because your freaking imagination is just way. too. small. and it's bound by what's around it, what it sees, what it's been taught.

If you allow that heart opening, the imagination of the universe can come in and unlock all that fear and anger and turn it into love that is bigger than the human imperfect love you've known until now.

If you sit and breathe and allow and feel the reactions that are oh-so-old and full of stories but you don't actually act from them, you get something new and unexpected.

If you can tolerate all of this and ride this wave, you get a gift... You get a Real Adventure.

You get to free dance rather than line dance with everyone else.

Which is, after all, what I teach.

And...we teach what we need.

You can now learn how to teach dance as a spiritual practice! My first teacher training is coming at the end of September! Just visit the "Teacher Training" tab at the top of this page.

If you want to explore more deeply how to create an at-home dance sadhana (spiritual path) practice, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.