Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Burning it Down

The Gorge
I am back from teaching my second and last-for-this-season week-long workshop at the Chautauqua Institution. This second workshop went remarkably well. The women were amazing and dove right in on the first day. By the middle of the week, their energies were dancing together and I was, as so often happens, wishing I was filming them.

This work is good and yet...I am feeling the temptation to burn down all that I've built and take some serious time to contemplate and discern where I really want to head in the coming years.

Very likely I won't actually burn it all down. There's too much goodness.

But the impulse remains very strong, which means it's here to tell me something very important.

And so I am wondering...have you ever done this or been tempted to do this and what happened? Tell me your stories.

You can now learn how to teach dance as a spiritual practice! My first teacher training is coming at the end of September! Just visit the "Teacher Training" tab at the top of this page.

If you want to explore more deeply how to create an at-home dance sadhana (spiritual path) practice, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.