Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tap tap tap...

A surprise section of darker flowers on our light pink hibiscus
(Note: We are still in this suspended sort of waiting period with the Big Adventure. Don't ask.)

My head is spinning right now with all the projects, including the Giant List of Things That Will Suddenly Start Happening once we are out of the above mentioned waiting period.

Next week, I teach again for the whole week at Chautauqua. That eats the week in a way I did not anticipate. Like all in one giant bite.

And very, very soon, women from as far away as California will be descending upon Erie for my first ever teacher training/intensive workshop.

So you know...I have some planning to do.

Not exactly the time to be fantasizing about some sort of self-preservation sabbatical.  Or maybe it is exactly the time for something like that to stop just tickling the edges of my brain and actually enter into full consciousness.

Because it HAS been tickling the edges of my brain for at least a year now. And Marcy has been pushing me to take time to sit back and just LOOK. Take a breather, OBSERVE.

And rather than allowing myself to be tossed about by external happenings, I could maybe start making some decisions about the direction I really want my life to take for the next few years.

I am Vague Blogging, for sure.

Yet I think most people can understand this basic need to reassessment. Let the land lay fallow and all of that.
If anything, it will make for some interesting writing...
You can now learn how to teach dance as a spiritual practice! My first teacher training is coming at the end of September! Just visit the "Teacher Training" tab at the top of this page.

If you want to explore more deeply how to create an at-home dance sadhana (spiritual path) practice, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.