Thursday, September 18, 2014

Settling


And so right after writing about tightrope walking the razor thin edge between loneliness and happy, healthy aloneness, something clicked, and I can feel myself settling into the latter.

As I write this, I have my favorite Fall/Halloween countdown list playing on Songza ("Something terrible is about to happen") and I am actually deep into loving a work of fiction (this). I haven't really read fiction in a long while and it's delightful to feel myself give into it.

Peony is curled up next to me as I read and various other cats are strewn about the room, napping and lending their cozy to the cozy of the room.

Earlier today, I chanted in here for the first time, and it was lovely. As soon as I started, I heard Peony plop her adorable body down from her favorite settee and she waked over and got into my lap. Peony approves, apparently, of our new space.

And so it goes...settling into this new version of my life and still very curious about where it is all headed, but now I'm way more excited than fearful and I am thankful for whatever flipped that switch.


If you want to get a taste of how we create more happy, strength, and connection through the practice of Kintsugi Dance, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.