Monday, October 6, 2014

Post Immersion/Training


That photo is from a time last week when local students joined my immersion/training students for a 90 minute Kintsugi Dance class. There are so many more photos to come!

And so many more thoughts, but right now my body is demanding a lot of rest and my mind is so clogged up with ideas, observations, insights that I can't seem to get any single one of them out in a coherent and articulate way.

So patience, grasshopper. (Right there? I am talking to myself.)

Patience, indeed. I took a walk at the cemetery on Saturday, thinking I should immediately get back to it, and it actually made me feel a little sick.

Taking an immersion of this intensity is definitely a huge challenge and I was aware of it as a student of many, but I had no idea what TEACHING an immersion like this would do to me.

I am thrilled beyond thrilled with how it went and I know now, for one thing, that this is the way this work is meant to be experienced.  I also know beyond a doubt that I am not teaching dance, if that weren't already obvious. I am teaching human freedom. Dance is one of the tools. My favorite tool but just one.

I also now know without a shadow of a doubt why I have always been interested in, well, EVERYTHING. When you're teaching people on this level, you NEED everything.

AND...immersion is the right word for this work because it's learning a language and the best way to learn a language is to dive in.
If you want to get a taste of how we create more happy, strength, and connection through the practice of Kintsugi Dance, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.