Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Writing (to) the Body

The women of my very first week long immersion
So many breakthroughs happened around our sense of the physical self during the immersion that it will take months to process it all, but one in particular was stunning and though I won't share the details, I will share some of the outcome.

Linda (third from the left) had some very old stuff arise (all of us did) and it was hard, but she came up with this fabulous task for herself and I wanted to share it with all of you.

She decided, first, that she would be writing a letter to a part of her body that was acutely involved, and because it is a part of her that she realized she does NOT send any kind of love to, she was going to write a letter asking that part for forgiveness.

How beautiful is that?!

Then she decided she would be spending some time writing love letters to her body.

This blows me away. I would never think of such a thing and am so grateful to have had Linda with us on this journey to be this inspiration.

So there's your task.

From what parts of your body do you need to ask forgiveness?

And how could you incorporate writing love letters to your body into your weekly or monthly routine? Perhaps you could schedule this activity on the full moon or the first of the month.

Feel free to share parts of these letters with me in the Inferno, and if you're not in the Inferno (our super secret group on Facebook), feel free to ask me to add you!

If you want to get a taste of how we create more happy, strength, and connection through the practice of Kintsugi Dance, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.