Tuesday, December 16, 2014

2015 Daily Dance Double Dog Dare


That is a photo of Freedom.

Each of those dancers is moving to the same music AND using the same exact prompt that I provided. And yet...each of them is a distinctly unique human being bringing their unique understanding of the music and prompt to their movement.

They also bring their unique life experience and their own needs in that exact moment. Which is where freedom meets responsibility. To be truly free means to take care of yourself and not expect someone else to. To be truly free means to respect the body and how it is THAT minute, not thinking it should be something else.

This is the beauty of the work I am lucky enough to do. There is 100% permission for YOU to explore YOU. You're not exploring MY movement because you're not living my life.

It's all you.

And whether or not you feel comfortable claiming the tag of "dancer dancing," you ARE.

THIS is DANCE. (I am kinda YELLING that because I can't seem to get that through thick skulls.) THIS is DANCE: Expressing yourself through the language of the body, saying things that words can't say, allowing the body to speak for itself and about itself.

But to really understand this freedom, you have to dive into it.

As I like to say:

Freedom is not the absence of commitments.
Freedom is an inner spaciousness that makes room
for the commitments that matter most to you.


Dance done from the exploratory approaches I employ in Kintsugi Dance™ creates that inner spaciousness.

How?

As we move without knowing what's coming, we move through fear of the unknown.

As we move without any prescribed steps, we find our own path.

As we move honestly, we experience our emotions.

When we move this way, emotions can be felt and expressed and processed.

When emotions are felt and expressed and processed, we learn that nothing can hurt us, that we are stronger than we ever imagined.

When we learn that we are strong enough to contain anything and everything, then we have inner space, then we are free.

But...

There's always a but...

This comes at a cost.

We have to be willing to pay that cost.

And payment is commitment to practice.

That's it.

So I am inviting you to the 2015 Daily Dance Double Dog Dare.

ONE SONG.

That's it.

ONE song EVERY DAY.

And here's how much I want this for you: I will load up a song a day, Monday through Friday. And you just dance to it. NO MATTER WHAT IT IS.

Because sometimes when a song makes us uncomfortable or we think "oh! I HATE this!" -- that's exactly when we have the biggest breakthroughs.

Sometimes it just sucks.

But we go on to the next song and we keep moving. Because life.

So again, I'll be loading a song a day, Monday through Friday. On the weekends, just pick a song to repeat. Repetition is super good. You get different things out of a song each time you do it.

And the catch: You have to be in my private/secrete Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome, to get the music. I'll only be loading it there.

If you're not in that group, FIRST make sure you're my friend on Facebook, and SECOND (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP), ASK ME TO ADD YOU. I won't add anyone without being asked. (Hello, Politeness.)
Time to dance, people! And NO MORE EXCUSES! Join us!




If you want to get a taste of how we create more happy, strength, and connection through the practice of Kintsugi Dance, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.