Friday, January 9, 2015

The Relationship of Body Size to Joint & Back Pain

Elders in class this week
Sometimes when we suffer from joint or back pain, we blame our weight, and mainstream medicine certainly adds to this myth. I know it's a myth because I've experienced it directly.

I have, for the majority of my life, suffered from chronic pain, until daily dance.

During that time of pain, I have been everything from a size 2 to a size 12 (U.S.), and it did NOT affect my pain -- decrease or increase it in any way. Even when I was very thin, I suffered just as much.

Movement. Movement. Movement.

Because you can feel good in this body no matter its size, and no matter its size, it is beautiful and it can be strong, vital, and healthy.



If you want to get a taste of how we create more happy, strength, and connection through the practice of Kintsugi Dance, you could join my super secret Facebook group, Inferno of Awesome. This group is invisible until you're added. FIRST, make sure you are my friend on FB, and SECOND, ask me to add you.